Biscotti are a delicious Italian cookie and they are fantastic made with chocolate and walnuts!
- 2 cups flour
- 1-1/2 t. baking powder
- 1/8 t. salt
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate
Preheat oven to 325˚ F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
1. In a medium size bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
2. In mixing bowl, beat the butter, and both sugars until light and fluffy.
3. Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat until light and fluffy, for about 2 minutes.
4. Mix the chocolate chips and walnuts into the flour mixture. Stop the mixer and add all the dry ingredients at once. Mix until it just comes together.
5. Place 1/2 of the dough in the center of each parchment lined baking sheet.
6. Using lightly floured hands, press each half into a log about 3 inches wide and 3/4 inches high. Place one of the baking sheets in the refrigerator to keep cool.
7. Bake one of the cookie logs for 25 minutes. Remove from baking sheet and let cool on rack. Bake the second sheet of dough.
8. Use a spatula to carefully transfer the first cookie log to a cutting board. Flip the parchment paper on the baking sheet over or use a fresh sheet. Cut the dough on the diagonal into slices about 1/2 thick. Move the slices cut-side down on the baking sheet and bake for about 10 minutes.
9. Remove from oven, turn the slices over and bake for 10 minutes longer.
10. When golden brown, remove the cookies from the baking sheet to cool on a wire rack. Slice and bake the second sheet of cookies.
11. Once the biscotti have cooled and you can easily handle them, place them on a parchment lined baking sheet. Then make the chocolate drizzle by melting the chocolate in the microwave, using 30 second bursts.
12. When the chocolate is totally smooth, use a small spoon and either paint one side of the cookie or drizzle the chocolate on the tops. Place in the refrigerator for 10 minutes, or until the chocolate is totally set.
Download pdf recipe for: Chocolate Chip Biscotti