Perfect for caramel lovers! These cookies are crispy, but have a delicious chewy caramel center.
- 1 cup butter, cut into small cubes
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 t. salt
- 2 t. vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 22 caramels, unwrapped
- 3 T. heavy cream
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheet with parchment.
1. In mixing bowl, cream the butter, brown sugar, salt and vanilla until light and fluffy. Scrape down the bowl, making sure all the butter has been creamed. Add the flour and mix on a low speed, just until the dough comes together.
2. Make cookie balls the size of small walnuts by rolling dough in your hands. Place on cookie sheet, then usse your fingers and make a well in the center of each cookie, making sure the sides of the cookie stay smooth, not cracked.
3. Bake for 15 minutes, just until the cookies begin to turn golden brown. Immediately slide the parchment onto a cookie rack to let the cookies cool. Press down the wells of each cookie with a 1 teaspoon measuring spoon.
4. In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, melt the caramels and heavy cream. As the caramels melt, stir constantly.
5. While caramel is warm, spoon into each cookie well, making sure not to over fill. If caramel begins to cool and get stiff while you are pouring, place back on stove over low heat for a few minutes. Stir until the caramel is liquid again.
Download pdf recipe for: Caramel Thumbprint Cookies