These are a really unique cookie! They are super thin and crisp, you can eat them as is, make a sandwich cookie from them or dip them in chocolate.
● 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats, ground in food processor or blender
● 1/4 cup flour
● 1/4 t. baking powder
● 1/2 cup sugar
● Pinch of salt
● 2 T. corn syrup
● 6 T. melted butter
● 2 T. heavy cream
Preheat oven to 425 ̊F. Line baking sheet with parchment, then spray with baking spray.
1. In a medium size bowl, whisk together the oats, flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Stir in the corn syrup, butter, cream and vanilla.
2. Spoon 1 t. of batter onto baking sheet, making sure to leave 3" space between each. (For smaller cookies, use 1/2 t. of batter.)
3. Bake for 6 minutes (or 5 minutes for smaller cookies). Cookies should be golden brown. Remove from oven and slide parchment sheet onto flat surface to cool.
- Filled Lace Cookies Melt 1/4 cup chocolate chips + 2 T. heavy cream in a microwave-safe bowl for 30 seconds. Once the chocolate is melted, use a knife to spread some of the melted chocolate on the back of one of the cookies. Then sandwich a second cookie on top.
OR: Spread chocolate on one-side of cookie and sprinkle with chopped nuts. OR: Dip the edges of the cookie in chocolate.
If you are adding chocolate, make sure to place the cookies on a parchment lined rimmed baking sheet. When the tray is full, place them in the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes, until the chocolate has hardened.
Download pdf recipe for: Lace Cookies