Share this episode!Tweet
In this episode, Cindy shares not only a delicious almond cookie, but a gluten free cookie flour mix that can be used in any of The Cookie Jar recipes!
● 1/2 cup butter, cut into cubes
● 3/4 cup sugar
● 1 egg
● 1/2 t. almond extract
● 1/4 cup almonds, ground
● 1 cup gluten-free cookie flour mix (or regular all-purpose flour)
● 1 cup sliced almonds
● 1/4 cup heavy cream
● 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate
● 2 t. light corn syrup
Gluten Free Cookie Flour Mix:
● 1-3/4 cup sorghum flour
● 1/4 cup garbanzo bean (chickpea) flour
● 1/4 cup sweet rice flour
Preheat oven to 350 ̊F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
(If you are making these cookie gluten free, get a large bowl and whisk together the sorghum flour, garbanzo bean flour and the sweet rice flour. Measure out 1 cup, then place the rest in a sealed and labeled container and store in the refrigerator.)
1. In mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar together for about 2 minutes. Add the egg and almond extract. Beat until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes.
2. With the mixer off, add the ground almonds and flour or gluten free cookie flour mix. Mix on low speed, just until dough comes together.
3. Using small cookie scoop, make 1-1/2 inch balls and place in a bowl with the sliced almonds. Roll each ball of dough in the sliced almonds, making sure each one is well covered.
4. Place on baking sheet and bake for about 15 minutes, just until the edges begin to brown. Remove parchment from cookie sheet and let cookies cool on rack.
5. Make chocolate glaze by warming the heavy cream, chocolate and corn syrup in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir until smooth.
6. With cookies still on parchment paper, begin glazing the cooled cookies. You can either dip half of each cookie in the glaze or use a fork to dribble glaze over the tops of the cookies. Once glazed, put the cookies in the refrigerator for 10 minutes, so glaze can set-up.
Download pdf recipe for: Gluten Free (or not!) Almond Cookies