This is a rich chocolate and almond cookie that is really delicious! I named it after Monterrey, Mexico, where one of my faithful viewers (James) lives!
- Recipe -
● 2 cups flour
● 1/4 cup cocoa powder
● 1/2 t. baking soda
● 1/4 t. salt
● 1 cup brown sugar
● 1/2 cup sugar
● 3/4 cup butter, cut into small pieces
● 2 eggs
● 1 t. vanilla
● 1 t. almond extract
● 1 cup sliced almonds
● 1 cup white chocolate chips
● 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 ̊F. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
1. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa, soda and salt. Set aside.
2. In mixer, cream butter and both sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, vanilla & almond extract.
3. To the flour mixture, add the almonds and both chocolates. Mix well.
4. Stop the mixer and add flour mixture all at once. Turn speed on low and mix until just combined.
5. Drop onto parchment lined baking sheets, then bake for 9 minutes. Remove parchment from baking sheet and let cookies cool on wire rack.
Download pdf recipe for: Monterrey Cookies