Here's a delicious, old-fashioned chocolate chip cookie recipe. How old you ask? A girl never tells her age....
- 2-1/4 c. flour
- 1 t. baking soda
- 1 t. salt
- 1 c. chopped walnuts
- 3 handfuls quick-cooking oatmeal
- 1/2 c. butter
- 1/2 c. vegetable shortening (like Crisco)
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 3/4 c. brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 t. vanilla
- 1/2 t. water
- 12 oz. pkg. semi-sweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 ̇F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
1. Whisk flour, baking soda, salt, walnuts and oatmeal together in bowl. Set aside.
2. In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and shortening together. Scrape down the bowl, then add both sugars, eggs, vanilla and water. Beat until well combined. Scrape down the bowl again and add all of the flour mixture. Turn mixer speed on low and beat, just until the dough begins to come together. Add the chocolate chips, but mix for only a few seconds. Take bowl off mixer and with a spatula, stir the dough to make sure everything is well mixed.
3. Use a medium cookie scoop to scoop balls of cookie dough onto baking sheet. Make sure to leave some space between the cookies. Bake for 12 minutes, just until the cookies begin to turn a light brown color. Remove from the oven and place on a cooling rack immediately.
Download pdf recipe for: Chocolate Chip Cookies