Soft peanut butter cookies surrounding a delicious fluffy filling. Whether you dip them in chocolate or not, these cookies are a wonderful addition to your cookie jar!
- Recipe -
● 1-1/4 cup sugar
● 1-1/4 cup brown sugar
● 1 cup butter, cut into cubes
● 3 eggs
● 2 t. vanilla
● 1 cup peanut butter
● 2 cup flour
● 1/2 t. baking soda
● 1/4 t. salt
● 1/2 cup peanuts, finely chopped
● 1/2 cup butter, cut into cubes
● 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
● 3/4 cup powdered sugar
● 1 T. milk
● 1/2 t. vanilla
● semi-sweet chocolate, melted (optional)
Preheat oven to 350oF and line baking sheet with parchment.
1. Blend white and brown sugars in mixer on low speed. Add butter and mix to form a paste.
2. Add eggs, peanut butter, and vanilla. Mix at low speed until just combined.
3. In a medium bowl, combine flour, soda, salt and chopped peanuts. Add the flour mixture to the ingredients in the mixer and mix at low speed until just combined.
4. Using a small cookie scoop, scoop cookies onto parchment lined baking sheet. Before placing cookies into the oven, place the bowl of cookie dough into the refrigerator. Keep chilled until you scoop out the next batch.
5. Bake for 11 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool on a rack.
6. When all the cookies are baked and cooled, make the filling by first creaming the butter on high until fluffy. Then add the peanut butter and cream until fluffy.
7. Add the powdered sugar, milk and vanilla. Beat for 5 minutes until light in color and really fluffy!
8. To fill, place 1 t. of filling in between 2 cookies. If desired, dip in melted chocolate. To help chocolate set quickly, place dipped cookies in the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes.
Note: These cookies freeze great! Stack 3-4 undipped cookies together and wrap in plastic. Place in freezer bag in freezer. To freeze the dipped cookies, wrap them individually in plastic. When you take them out of the freezer, unwrap while the chocolate is still frozen.
Download pdf recipe for: Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies