Chocolate lover's rejoice! These cookies have an intense chocolate flavor, are crispy on the outside, but have a chewy brownie-like center!
- Recipe -
● 1 cup 60% or semisweet chocolate chips
● 2 large egg whites
● 1/8 tsp. cream of tartar
● 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
● 1/4 cup granulated sugar
● 3/4 cup ﬁnely chopped walnuts
Preheat to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
1. Put chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 30 seconds. Remove and stir. If chocolate is not melted, return to microwave and cook in 30 second intervals.
2. Beat the egg whites with the cream of tartar to soft peaks. With beaters running, gradually add the vanilla and sugar and beat to stiff peaks.
3. Mix the nuts into the melted chocolate. Pour mixture over the whites, and using a rubber spatula, gently fold them together.
4. Drop level spoonfuls of the batter onto the baking sheets, leaving 1-inch between the cookies.
5. Bake 9-10 minutes or until the cookies are shiny and cracked. They will be ﬁrm on the outside but still chewy on the inside.
Makes 2 dozen cookies.