A nice, chewy brownie does wonders for the soul! These are easy to put together and with ingredients you probably have in your cupboard. Forgo the box mixes and try making a batch from scratch. You won't be disappointed!
- Recipe -
● 1/3 cup butter
● 3/4 cup sugar
● 2 T. water
● 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
● 1 t. vanilla
● 2 eggs
● 3/4 cup flour
● 1/4 t. baking soda
● 1/4 t. salt
● 3/4 cup pecans, chopped
Preheat oven to 325 ̊F. Line a 9"x9" pan with a parchment sleeve. Spritz with baking spray and set aside.
1. In a medium saucepan, add butter, sugar and water. Stir constantly over medium heat until mixture is boiling vigorously.
2. Remove from the heat and stir in 1 cup chocolate chips. Once the chocolate is melted, add the vanilla. Set aside.
3. In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs. Then add in the chocolate mixture ( a spoonful at a time) until well mixed.
4. Add the flour, baking soda and salt. Mix with a spatula until flour is completely combined.
5. Stir in the remaining 1 cup chocolate chips & the pecans. Spread into the pan and bake for just 30 minutes. Cool on a rack for at least 1 hour, until brownies are totally cool. Then use the parchment sleeves to lift out of the pan, onto a cutting board to cut into pieces.
Download pdf recipe for: Chewy Chocolate Brownies