If you're a fan of the Whoopie Pie, you are going to love these! Espresso, chocolate, a cream center...definitely a cookie worthy of The Cookie Jar.
- Recipe -
● 2 cups flour
● 1/2 t. baking powder
● 1/2 t. baking soda
● 1/2 t. salt
● 1/2 cup butter, cut into small cubes
● 1/2 cup brown sugar
● 1/2 cup sugar
● 1 egg
● 1 t. vanilla
● 1/2 cup non-fat sour cream
● cocoa powder
● 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate, melted in microwave on 30 second bursts
● 1/4 cup cold espresso coffee (or strong coffee)
● 1 T. dark rum
● 8 oz. mascarpone cheese
● 2 T. sugar
● pinch of salt
● 1/2 cup heavy cream
● 2 t. vanilla
● 2 t. dark rum
Preheat oven to 350 ̊F. Line baking sheet with parchment.
1. Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into a bowl. Set aside.
2. Beat butter and granulated and brown sugars with a mixer on medium-high speed, until creamy, about 2 minutes. Add egg and 1 t. vanilla, beating until incorporated. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add sour cream, then flour mixture.
3. Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop the batter onto baking sheet, making sure to leave space for cookies to spread. (About 8 cookies per pan). Place some cocoa powder in a small strainer and sprinkle a bit of the cocoa powder on top of the cookies. Bake until edges are golden, about 12 minutes. Slide parchment, with cookies, onto wire racks. Let cool. (Unfilled cookies can be stored for up to 1 day.) Once cooled, turn cookies upside-down and place on parchment lined, rimmed baking sheet.
4. Mix espresso and 3 T. dark rum in small bowl. Brush half of the cookies with this mixture. Then spread the other half of the cookies with the melted semi-sweet chocolate. Place in the refrigerator until chocolate is set, about 10 minutes.
5. Beat mascarpone cheese, sugar, salt, heavy cream vanilla and 1 T. dark rum with mixer until smooth. Spoon some of mascarpone cheese mixture onto the chocolate half the cookies. Place the other half of the cookies on top. Serve immediately or place in refrigerator.
Download pdf recipe for: Tiramisu Whoopie Pies