These soft, old-fashioned chocolate cookies are spectacular to look at AND eat!
- Recipe -
● 3 eggs
● 1-1/2 cups sugar
● 4 oz. unsweetened chocolate, melted
● 1/2 cup canola oil
● 2 t. baking powder
● 2 t. vanilla
● 2 cups flour
● powdered sugar
1. In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, and melted chocolate together. While the mixer is going add the oil.
2. Stop the mixer and add the baking powder and vanilla, beating just until combined. Stop the mixer again and add the flour. Let this beat on a slow speed, just until the flour is mixed in.
3. Give the dough a final mix with a spatula, then cover and chill the cookie dough for 2 hours.
4. When you're ready to bake, preheat the oven to 375 ̊F and line a baking sheet with parchment.
5. Shape the dough into balls about the size of walnuts (about 1-1/2" in diameter). Roll in a small bowl filled with powdered sugar, making sure to coat the cookie dough ball completely. Place on the baking sheet, making sure to give the cookies a bit of room to spread. Bake for 11 minutes. Transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool.
Download pdf recipe for: Chocolate Crackles