A scrumptious bar cookie made with caramel, chocolate and walnuts!
- Recipe -
● 32 caramels (about 9 oz.)
● 5 T. heavy cream
● 1 cup quick cooking oats
● 3/4 cup brown sugar
● 1 cup flour
● 1/4 t. baking soda
● 1/4 t. salt
● 1/2 cup melted butter
● 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate
● 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Preheat oven to 350 ̊F. Prepare 9x9" pan. (Spray with baking spray, make parchment sleeve and quickly spray again.)
1. Place caramels and cream in small saucepan over medium heat. After about 5 minutes, reduce heat to low. Keep stirring until the caramels are melted. Set aside to cool.
2. In bowl, mix together the oats, brown sugar, flour, baking soda and salt. Stir in melted butter. Press half of this mixture into the pan. Bake for 10 minutes.
3. Immediately sprinkle on chocolate chips and nuts. Pour caramel over top, spreading out to sides of pan. Then top with remaining crumb mixture. Return pan to oven and bake 15 minutes more.
4. Let pan cool on rack for 1 hour, then using parchment sleeves, remove from pan and cut into bars.
Download pdf recipe for: Oatmeal Caramel Bars