These heavenly treats are the perfect combination of cake and cookie!
- Recipe -
● 3/4 cup flour
● 1/2 t. baking powder
● 2 eggs
● 1/2 cup sugar
● Zest of 1 lemon
● Pinch of salt
● 2 t. vanilla
● 5 T. unsalted butter, melted
● 2 t. melted butter
● 1 t. flour
1. Sift flour and baking powder together in small bowl; set aside.
2. Beat eggs and sugar, using whisk attachment until light yellow and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Add lemon zest, salt and vanilla. Mix until just combined.
3. Using a spatula, fold in the flour mixture, then the 5 T. melted butter. Cover with plastic wrap, making sure to press the plastic onto the surface of the batter. Chill in the refrigerator for 3 hours or up to 2 days.
4. When you're ready to bake, preheat oven to 400 ̊F. Mix 2 t. melted butter with 1 t. flour. Brush the madeleine molds and rims with butter/flour mixture.
5. Spoon batter into molds, filling almost to the top. Bake until tops are golden and cakes spring back when pressed lightly, about 10 minutes. Immediately remove from the pan by hitting the pan against the counter to loosen. Place cookies on cooling rack to cool.
When you're ready to serve, you can dust these cookies with powdered sugar.
Download pdf recipe for: Lemon Madeleines