Two soft chocolate cookies put together with a creamy filling....Whoopie!
- Recipe -
● 2 cups flour
● 1/2 cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder
● 1 t. baking soda
● 1/2 t. salt
● 1 cup brown sugar
● 1/2 cup butter (cut into small cubes)
● 1 egg
● 1 t. vanilla
● 1 cup buttermilk
● 4 T. butter
● 2 ounces cream cheese
● 1/3 cup Marshmallow Fluff
● 1 t. vanilla extract
● 2/3 cups powdered sugar
Preheat oven to 350 ̊F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
1. Whisk flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt in small bowl.
2. In mixer, beat sugar and butter until fluffy. Then beat in egg & vanilla.
3. Turn off mixer and add half of flour mixture. Turn mixer on low and add half of buttermilk. Add the rest of the flour and buttermilk and beat until just combined. Use spatula to give final stir.
4. Use medium cookie scoop and scoop 6 mounds of dough onto a baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove parchment from baking sheets and cool cookies on cooling rack. Continue baking the rest of the cookies.
5. For the filling: In mixer, cream butter and cream cheese. Add Marshmallow Fluff and vanilla and beat until well blended. Add powdered sugar and beat until fluffy. Scrape down bowl and mix until all of the powdered sugar disappears.
6. When cookies are completely cooled, spread about 2 tablespoons of filling in the center flat-side of one cookie. Place the flat side of a second cookie on top of the filling and press cookies together lightly, to bring filling to edges. Repeat with remaining cookies and filling.
Note: Because of the cream cheese in the filling, these cookies need to be refrigerated. When ready to serve, bring them out and leave at room temperature for 5-10 minutes. You can also wrap them individually in plastic, place them in a freezer bag and store in the freezer. They take 15-20 minutes to defrost.
Download pdf recipe for: Chocolate Whoopie Pies