A delicious brown sugar and oat bar cookie that has a fruity apricot filling.
- Recipe -
● 1 lb. dried apricots
● 1/2 c. water
● 3 T. sugar
● 1-1/2 c. & 2T. flour
● 1-1/2 c. + 2T. quick-cooking oats
● 1 c. brown sugar
● 1/8 t. baking soda
● 1 c. butter, diced
Preheat oven to 350 ̊F. Spray an 8x8" or 9x9" pan with baking spray; make a sleeve with parchment paper and spray again. Set aside.
1. In medium saucepan, mix together the apricots, water and sugar. Bring to boil on medium-high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low, place lid on top and simmer for 15 minutes.
2. In bowl, mix together the flour, oats, brown sugar and baking soda. Cut in butter using your hands or a pastry blender. Butter should be mixed through out and you should end up with large crumbs.
3. Place 1/2 of the crumbs in the prepared pan. Press firmly with your hands to make crust. Spoon apricots evenly on top of crust. Then sprinkle on remaining crumbs. Bake for 40 minutes, then let pan cool for another 15 minutes.
4. After 15 minutes, use the sleeves to lift the bar cookies out of the pan and set them onto a cooling rack. Cool for a minimum of 30 minutes, then cut into squares.
Download pdf recipe for: Apricot Squares