These gingerbread cookies are chewy, spicy and have a fantastic hit of orange flavor! Perfect for Christmas or the WHOLE winter!
- Recipe -
● 1 c. butter
● 1-1/2 c. sugar
● 1 egg
● Zest of 4 oranges
● 2 T. dark corn syrup
● 3 c. flour
● 2 t. cinnamon
● 1 t. ginger
● 1/2 t. cloves
● 2 t. baking soda
● 1/2 t. salt
● 3 T. Meringue powder (or use 2 egg whites)
● 3 cup powdered sugar
● 6 T. warm water (or 2 t. if using fresh egg whites)
● 1/2 t. lemon extract
1. Cream butter, then add sugar, egg, orange zest and dark corn syrup. Mix well.
2. In medium bowl, whisk together the flour, spices, baking soda & salt. Add to mixer and beat on low speed until just combined.
3. Form dough into 2 disks and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
4. Roll out dough out between sheets of plastic. Dip cookie cutters in flour and cut out cookies. Use a spatula to transfer cookies to a parchment line baking sheet. Bake in a preheated 375 ̊ F. oven for 8-9 minutes. (Lower time if using small cookie cutters.)
5. Let cookies cool completely, then ice.
Decorating Icing: 1. In mixer bowl, with whisk attachment, add Meringue powder (or egg whites) and powdered sugar.
2. Add warm water and lemon extract. Beat on high speed for 7 minutes, until icing is fluffy.
To Decorate Cookies: - Use a disposable cake decorating bag and a #4 round tip.
Download pdf recipe for: Gingerbread Snowflakes