Shortbread is always delicious, but add some dried cranberries and orange zest....you've got a new holiday tradition!
- Recipe -
● 1 cup butter
● 3/4 cup sugar
● 2 T. milk
● 1 t. vanilla
● 2 1/2 cups ﬂour
● 1/2 t. salt
● 3/4 cup dried cranberries, chopped
● Zest of 1 large orange (or 2 small oranges)
1. In mixer, cream butter and sugar until light and ﬂuffy. Add milk, vanilla & orange zest. Beat until just combined. Turn mixer off and add ﬂour, salt and cranberries. Mix again, until just combined.
2. On 2 pieces of plastic wrap, divide the dough into 2 equal pieces and shape into logs. Wrap logs up in the plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 2 hours.
3. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Using a sharp knife, slice cookies into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Place on parchment-lined baking sheets and bake until edges are golden, about 14 minutes. Remove parchment from baking sheet and let cookies cool on rack.
Download pdf recipe for: Cranberry Orange Shortbread