You'll be saying, "Whoopie!" when you try these spectacular cookies. They are made of 2 soft, pumpkin-spice cookies, sandwiched together with a creamy filling. It's just not Autumn until you've had a Pumpkin Whoopie Pie!
- Recipe -
● 2 cups ﬂour
● 2 teaspoons baking powder
● 1 teaspoons baking soda
● 1/2 teaspoon salt
● 1 teaspoons cinnamon
● 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground nutmeg
● 1 cup sugar
● 3/4 cup canned pumpkin puree
● 1 large egg
● 1/3 cup vegetable or canola oil
● 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
● 4 T. butter, softened
● 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
● 1/3 cup Marshmallow Fluff
● 1/2 t. vanilla extract
● 2/3 cups powdered sugar
Preheat oven to 375˚F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
1. Whisk ﬂour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg & sugar together in large bowl. Stir in pumpkin, egg, oil & vanilla, until well blended.
2. Using small ice cream scoop or a tablespoon, drop 2 tablespoons of dough on the baking sheet. (You should ﬁt 8 scoops of dough on a sheet.) Use a small spreading knife and ﬂatten dough tops until they are about 1/2 inch thick. Bake for 10 minutes. Slide cookies, still on parchment, to cooling racks. Repeat with remaining dough until you have 24 cookies.
3. For the ﬁlling: In mixer, cream butter and cream cheese. Add Marshmallow Fluff and vanilla and beat until well blended. Add powdered sugar and beat until ﬂuffy. Scrape down bowl and mix until all of the powdered sugar disappears.
4. When cookies are completely cooled, spread about 2 tablespoons of ﬁlling in the center ﬂat-side of one cookie. Place the ﬂat side of a second cookie on top of the ﬁlling and press cookies together lightly, to bring ﬁlling to edges. Repeat with remaining cookies and ﬁlling.
Note: Because of the cream cheese in the ﬁlling, these cookies need to be refrigerated. When ready to serve, bring them out and leave at room temperature for 5-10 minutes. You can also wrap them individually in plastic, place them in a freezer bag and store in the freezer. They take 15-20 minutes to defrost.
Download pdf recipe for: Pumpkin Whoopie Pies