Loaded with pecans and rolled in cinnamon sugar, these shortbread cookies are just in time for Fall.
- Recipe -
● 2-1/4 cups ﬂour
● 1-1/2 t. baking powder
● 1/2 t. salt
● 1/2 t. cinnamon
● 1 cup pecans, ﬁnely chopped
● 1 cup butter, softened
● 3/4 cup sugar
● 1/4 cup brown sugar
● 1 egg
● 1 t. vanilla
● 1/3 cup sugar
● 2 t. cinnamon
1. Mix ﬂour, baking powder, salt and 1/2 t. cinnamon together in a bowl. Add pecans. Set aside.
2. Beat butter until ﬂuffy. Then add 3/4 cup sugar and brown sugar and beat until well combined. Add egg and vanilla and blend well.
3. Add ﬂour mixture to butter mixture and beat on slow speed until just combined.
4. Divide dough in half and place each half on a piece of plastic. Form into a uniform log. Wrap up in the plastic and refrigerate for 2 hours or over night. (The dough can also be frozen at this point.)
5. When you're ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 ˚F.
6. In a small bowl, add 1/3 cup sugar and 2 t. cinnamon and mix well. Place half of the cinnamon-sugar mixture on a piece of parchment, then unwrap dough and roll in cinnamon sugar.
7. Using a non-serrated knife, slice the cookies into 1/4" to 3/8" slices. Place on parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 12 minutes. Remove parchment from baking sheet and cool on rack.
Download pdf recipe for: Cinnamon Pecan Shortbread