These chewy brown sugar & pecan bar cookies are a delicious departure from chocolate brownies.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1-1/2 cups brown sugar
1 cup ﬂour
1 t. baking powder
Pinch of salt
1/2 cup pecans, chopped
1 t. vanilla
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Prepare 8" or 9" square pan with baking spray and parchment sleeve.
1. Get all the ingredients measured and ready to go.
2. Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add brown sugar and mix until the sugar has melted into the butter. Turn off the heat and slide the saucepan off to the side.
3. Stir in ﬂour mixture, eggs, and pecans. Then add vanilla. Mix well.
4. Spoon into prepared pan and bake for 20 minutes. Test for doneness. Run a knife along the edges that don't have the parchment sleeve. Let blondies cool for 10 minutes, in pan, on cooling rack.
5. After 10 minutes, lift the blondies out of the pan (using the sleeves as handles) and place on rack to ﬁnish cooling.
Download pdf recipe for: Brown Sugar Blondies