If you love coconut, you'll love these cookies!
- Recipe -
● 3 cups shredded sweetened coconut
● 1 tsp. almond extract
● a pinch salt
● 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
● 2 egg whites, stifﬂy beaten
● 1 tsp. cream of tartar
● 3/4 cup semi-sweet or 60% chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
1. In a medium bowl, combine coconut, almond extract, and salt. Mix in condensed milkto form a thick paste. Set aside.
2. Beat egg whites & cream of tartar to stiff peaks. Fold egg whites into coconut mixture.
3. Drop onto parchment lined cookie sheets, about 2 inches apart and bake for about 15minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
4. While cookies are cooling, microwave chocolate in 30 second bursts (15 seconds towards to end) until chocolate is smooth. Use a dinner fork to drizzle chocolate on cookies. Slide a cooled cookie sheet under the parchment and refrigerate the cookies for 15-20 minutes, until chocolate is set.
Makes 1-1/2 to 2 dozen cookies