A simple shortbread with delicious apricots, almonds & lemon!
- Recipe -
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp. milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 -1/2 cups all-purpose ﬂour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup ﬁnely chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup ﬁnely chopped sliced almonds
- 1 tsp lemon zest
1. In mixer, cream the butter and sugar on medium speed until light and ﬂuffy, about 2 minutes. Add milk, vanilla & lemon zest. Beat until just combined. With mixer on low, gradually add ﬂour, salt, apricots, and almonds; continue beating until fully combined.
2. Turn dough out onto 2 pieces of plastic wrap, dividing into 2 equal pieces. Shape each piece into a log, about 2 inches in diameter. Wrap logs in the plastic wrap and refrigerate until ﬁrm, about 2 hours.
3. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Using a sharp knife, cut dough into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Place slices on parchment-lined baking sheets, about 1 1/2 inches apart. Bake until edges are golden, 14 minutes. Remove from oven, and transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
Makes about 3 dozen cookies.