Thick chocolate pudding, loads of whipped cream & chocolate shavings and it's all in a chocolate cookie crust? Let's just say this is my New Year's gift to you!
- Recipe -
Cookie Crumb Crust:
● 16 Chocolate Oreo sandwich cookies
● 2 T. butter , melted
● 1 (5 oz.) box Jello Cook & Serve Chocolate Pudding
● 2-3/4 cup whole milk
● 1 t. vanilla
● 1 cup heavy cream
● 3 T. sugar
● 1 t. vanilla
● 1 large semi-sweet chocolate bar
Preheat oven to 350 ̊F.
1. For the Crust: Put cookies into bowl of food processor and pulse until they become crumbs. Move crumbs to a bowl, add melted butter and stir until crumbs are moistened.
2. Pour crumbs into 9-inch pie dish. Using a measuring cup, compress crumbs on bottom and up sides of dish. Refrigerate for 10 minutes, then bake for about 10 minutes. Cool on wire rack while making filling.
3. For the Filling: Mix pudding mix, milk and vanilla in microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for a total of 8 minutes, stopping to stir every 2 minutes.
4. Pour the filling into the crust. Place a piece of parchment directly on the surface of the pudding and refrigerate, until filling is cold and firm, about 2-3 hours.
5. For the Topping: Beat cream, sugar, and vanilla in bowl of mixer. Start on low speed, then after a minute for so, move to medium, then high speed. Continue beating on high until the cream is thick and whipped. Spread the whipped cream over the pie. Use a vegetable peeler to make chocolate shavings out of chocolate bar and sprinkle on the pie. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Download pdf recipe for: Chocolate Cream Pie