This is not your Grandma's bread pudding! Buttery croissants, moist custard and a Jack Daniel's sauce...comfort food at it's best!
- Recipe -
● 2 eggs
● 4 egg yolks
● 2-1/2 c. milk or half & half
● 3/4 c. sugar
● 1 t. vanilla
● 3 large or 6 small stale croissants
● 1/2 c. raisins
Jack Daniel's Sauce:
● 4 T. butter
● 1/2 cup sugar
● 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
● 2 T. water
● 2 T. Jack Daniel's Tennessee Whiskey
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. In medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, yolks, milk, sugar and vanilla. Set aside.
2. Slice the croissants in half, horizontally. In oval/circle baking dish, distribute the bottoms of the sliced croissants, then add the raisins and the the tops of the croissants, making sure the raisins are sandwiched between the layers of croissants. Pour the custard over the top and allow to soak for 10 minutes, pressing the croissants down gently.
3. Place pan in hot water bath. (Use a pan that is larger than your baking dish and add hot water until it comes about 1/3 to 1/2 up the side of the baking dish.) Cover with foil and cut a few holes in the foil to allow steam to escape.
4. Bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake for 30 minutes more, or until the custard is set. Remove from oven and cool slightly.
1.In a small saucepan, melt the butter. Then stir in the sugar, egg yolk and water. Bring to boil over medium-low heat (this takes about 5-6 minutes).
2. Remove from heat and stir in whiskey. Serve warm over the Croissant Bread Pudding.
Download pdf recipe for: Croissant Bread Pudding with Jack Daniel's Sauce