You don't have to wait to go to a fancy French restaurant any more! This mousse is light, creamy, full of rich chocolate flavor and you can easily make it in your own home.
- Recipe -
● 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
● 3 eggs (separate into 3 small dishes: 2 egg yolks, 2 egg whites, 1 whole egg)
● 1-1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
● 1 cup heavy whipping cream
● 3 T. sugar
● 1 t. vanilla
● chocolate shavings
1. Put chocolate chips in microwave-safe bowl. Melt in microwave, using 30 second blasts, making sure to stir well each time. (It takes a total of 1-1/2 minutes to melt the chocolate.) Set chocolate aside to cool.
2. In mixer, place 2 egg whites and beat until stiff peaks. Remove from mixer bowl and place into medium-size bowl. Set aside.
3. Using the same mixing bowl, put 1-1/4 cups of heavy whipping cream in and beat until thick. Take the egg whites and fold them into the thickened cream.
4. To the chocolate, whisk in 1 whole egg, 2 egg yolks, and the rum. When well combined, add 2 spoonfuls of the egg white/cream mixture and mix into the chocolate to "lighten it up." Then take the chocolate mixture and carefully fold it into the egg white/cream mixture. Fold just until combined and you don't see any more white streaks.
5. Dish into individual bowls, cover with plastic and refrigerate, anywhere from 2 hours to over-night.
6. When you're ready to serve, whip 1 cup heavy cream, 3 T. sugar and vanilla in mixer until thick. Spoon a dollop on top of each mousse and sprinkle with a bit of chocolate shavings. Serve.
Download pdf recipe for: Chocolate Mousse