A delicious cake from Italy! This Tiramisu is creamy, easy-to-make and perfect for any occasion.
- Recipe -
● 1-1/4 cup cold espresso coffee (or use strong regular coffee, but add 1 t. instant espresso powder)
● 3 T. dark rum
● Pound cake
● 1 lb. mascarpone cheese (two 8 oz. containers)
● 2/3 cup sugar
● 3/4 cup heavy cream
● 1 T. vanilla
● 1 T. dark rum
● cocoa powder
● piece of semi-sweet chocolate (to grate)
1. In a small bowl, mix espresso and 3 T. dark rum. Set aside.
2. Cut pound cake into ¼ inch slices. Place a layer of cake in an 8”x8” or 9”x9” dish.
3. Drizzle half of the espresso-rum mixture on the cake.
4. At the mixer, cream together the mascarpone cheese, sugar, heavy cream, vanilla, & 1 T. rum.
5. Spread half of the mascarpone cheese mixture on first layer of cake squares. Dust with cocoa powder. Place another layer of cake squares on top, drizzle on the rest of the rum-espresso mixture. Top with the rest of the mascarpone cheese.
6. Top with cocoa and shaved chocolate to garnish. (To make the chocolate shavings, use a potato peeler on one end of the chocolate bar.)
7. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Download pdf recipe for: Tiramisu