An old-fashioned dessert from here in the States, this lemon pudding cake is easy to put together and with ingredients that are usually found in the pantry!
- Recipe -
● 2 T. butter
● 2/3 cup sugar
● 2 eggs, separated
● 1/4 cup flour
● 1/8 t. salt
● 1 T. lemon zest, (from about 2 lemons)
● 1/4 cup lemon juice
● 1 cup milk
Preheat oven to 350 ̊ F.
Butter a 9" round or 8" square cake pan or 6 (1 cup) ramekins.
1. Beat the butter & sugar until light, then add egg yolks and beat for another 2 minutes.
2. Mix in the flour & salt. Then add the lemon juice, zest and milk.
3. In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites until they form soft peaks. Then gently fold into the lemon mixture.
4. Pour into pan(s) and place in larger roasting pan. (If using ramekins, make sure to put a few layers of paper towel in the bottom of the pan, to help the ramekins from sliding around.) Fill with hot water, until water level is about 1/2 way up the pan(s). Bake for 40 minutes. Let cool in pan for about 15 minutes before serving. Dust with powdered sugar and serve warm.
Download pdf recipe for: Lemon Pudding Cake