Delicious and easy to make, Cherries Jubilee is a great dessert for any special dinner party!
- Recipe -
● 1 cup water or cherry juice
● 1 T. or 3T. sugar
● 2 c. Bing cherries, fresh, frozen, tinned or jarred
● 1 T. cornstarch + 1 T. cold water
● 1 orange, zested
● 1/4 c. brandy
● vanilla ice cream
1. For fresh or frozen cherries: Put cherries, 1 cup water and 3 T. sugar in medium saute pan. Cook for 5 minutes on medium-high heat.
For tinned or jarred cherries: Drain off 1 cup of cherry juice and place in medium saute pan with 1 T. of sugar.
2. Dissolve cornstarch in 1 T. cold water. Add to pan. Bring to a simmer, then reduce heat to medium and simmer for 2 minutes. Stir constantly while mixture thickens.
3. Add orange zest and cherries (if using tinned or jarred). Stir.
4. Heat brandy in microwave for 10 seconds. Move pan off heat and add to the cherries. (If you want to flambe the cherries, just place a lighter close to the top of the mixture. The fumes will ignite a small flame.) Continue to stir.
5. When ready to serve, spoon cherries over ice cream.
Note: You can also scoop the ice cream a few hours before serving and place on a plate or tray in the freezer. When you're ready to serve, get your bowls/ dishes ready, place the scoops of ice cream, then quickly spoon the cherries & serve!
Download pdf recipe for: Cherries Jubilee