This is holiday bliss in a cup!
Per serving of Peppermint Hot Chocolate:
- 3 T. Chocolate Ganache (regular or white)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 t. crushed peppermint candies or 1/8 t. peppermint extract
- whipped cream
- candy canes
1. When ready to serve, add the ganache, milk and peppermint candies to cup. Heat in microwave for 1-2 minutes, until chocolate and candies are melted and the milk is warm. (You can also heat the milk in a saucepan and pour into cups.)
2. Stir, then top with whipped cream and serve with a candy cane.
Recipes for Ganache
- 2 cups chocolate chips (bittersweet or semi-sweet)
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup heavy cream
White Chocolate Ganache
- 2 cups white chocolate, chopped
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1-1/2 T. butter, cut into cubes
1. Place chocolates in a bowl. For Regular Chocolate, also add salt. Set aside.
2. Heat heavy cream on medium high until it comes to a boil. Immediately pour cream over chocolate, (for White Chocolate add butter, too) and stir until completely mixed and smooth. Cool to room temperature then refrigerate until ready to use. (Note: To soften the ganache, place in microwave on 1/2 power until just spoonable.)
Download pdf recipe for: Peppermint Hot Chocolate