A rustic and moist cake loaded with fresh apple and nuts is made even better with the addition of the Pollen Ranch "Divine Desserts" spice blend.
- 4 large apples peeled and cut into a medium chop
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 2/3 cup melted butter
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 t. vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 2 t. baking soda
- 2 T. "Divine Desserts" Pollen Ranch spice blend
- 1/2 t. salt
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1/4 cup butter, cut into cubes
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 t. vanilla
- zest of 1 orange
Preheat oven to 350 ̊F. Spray 9"x13" pan with baking spray. Set aside.
1. In a large bowl, add the chopped apples, sugar, nuts and butter. Stir well to combine. Add the eggs and vanilla. Mix again.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, Divine Desserts and salt. Add to the apple mixture and stir until combined.
3. Spread mixture into baking pan, using a spatula to spread out to the sides and edges. Bake 45 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool on baking rack.
4. Once cake is cooled, make frosting by creaming the cream cheese and butter together in mixer, using whisk attachment. Beat for 1 minute. Then add powdered sugar, vanilla and orange zest and beat for 1 minute. Stop the mixer, scrape down the bowl, then continue to beat for an additional 2 minutes, until the frosting is fluffy.
5. Spread frosting on cooled cake. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Cake Recipe by Pollen Ranch
Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe by Cindy Harris
Download pdf recipe for: Apple Cake