What a perfect way to use all those delicious summertime berries!
Graham Cracker Crust:
- 1-1/2 c. graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 c. sugar
- 1/3 c. melted butter
- 12 oz. cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 t. lemon juice
- 2 t. vanilla
- 1 c. strawberries, mashed
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 c. sugar
- 3 T. cornstarch
- red food coloring (optional)
- whole strawberries for top
Spray bottom and sides of 7-1/2 " spring form pan with baking spray. Place on rimmed baking sheet. Set aside.
1. Combine graham cracker crumbs and sugar in small bowl. Stir in melted butter. Pour into pan and press into and up sides using a small custard cup. Place in refrigerator for 20 minutes. Bake in preheated 350 ̊ F. oven for 4-5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
2. In mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar, eggs, lemon juice and vanilla. Beat until fairly smooth. Pour into pan, smoothing out top with spatula. Bake for 40 minutes. Let cool on rack while getting strawberries ready.
3. Separate the large strawberries from the medium berries. Take the stems out of the large berries, slice them up and place in a bowl. Mash them with a potato masher until crushed. Take the medium size berries and cut the stems off to make a flat bottom.
4. Make 2-1/2" " parchment collar and place around the inside edge of the cheesecake.Place the whole berries on top of the cheesecake, points up.
5. In a saucepan, stir together the crushed strawberries, water, sugar and cornstarch. Place over medium-high heat and bring to boil. Once mixture begins to boil, stir frequently for 1 minute. Check for color. If needed, add a drop or 2 of red food coloring. Take off the heat and pour directly on top of the cheesecake.
6. Let the cheesecake sit on the counter for 30 minutes, until it comes to room temperature. Then place in the refrigerator to chill completely, about 3-4 hours (or more).
7. When you're ready to serve, release the spring form sides and unwrap the parchment sleeve.
Note: If there are leftovers, place the metal ring back on the pan, cover and place in refrigerator.
Download pdf recipe for: Strawberry Cheesecake