One of my viewers asked if I would make a Coconut Cream Pie podcast to help celebrate his birthday. This pie has a cookie crust, a super coconut filling and lots of cream on the top. Happy Birthday, Eric!
- 2-1/2 cups vanilla cookies, crushed
- 2 T. flaked coconut
- 2 T. butter, melted
- 1 (5 oz.) box Jello Cook & Serve Vanilla Pudding
- 15 oz. cream of coconut (Coco Lopez)
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1 t. vanilla
- 1-1/2 cups heavy cream
- 3 T. sugar
- 1 t. vanilla
- 3/4 cup flaked coconut, toasted until golden brown
For the crust:
Preheat oven to 350 ̊F.
1. In a food processor (or in a zip bag with a rolling pin) crush the cookies. Place them into a small bowl and mix in the coconut . Then add the melted butter. Mix until all the crumbs are moistened and look like wet sand.
2. Pour crumbs into 9-inch pie dish. Using a measuring cup, compress crumbs on bottom and up sides of dish. Refrigerate for 10 minutes, then bake for about 10 minutes. Cool on wire rack while making filling.
For the filling:
1. Mix pudding mix, coconut milk, whole milk, flaked coconut and vanilla in microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for a total of 8 minutes, stopping to stir every 2 minutes.
2. Pour the filling into the crust. Place a piece of parchment directly on the surface of the pudding and refrigerate, until filling is cold and firm, about 2-3 hours.
For the Topping:
1. Beat cream, sugar, and vanilla in bowl of mixer. Start on low speed, then after a minute for so, move to medium, then high speed. Continue beating on high until the cream is nice and thick.
2. Spread the whipped cream over the pie. Sprinkle toasted coconut on top of the pie. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Download pdf recipe for: Coconut Cream Pie