These creamy, chocolatey candies are great to give as gifts, any time of year!
- Recipe -
- 1 cup butter, cut into cubes
- 2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 t. vanilla
- 1 box (16 oz) powdered sugar
- 2 (12 oz) pkg. semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 T. butter
1. In mixing bowl, beat butter and peanut butter and butter until creamy. Add vanilla. Stop mixer and add powdered sugar. Beat slowly until mixture comes together. Scrape down the sides and mix until well combined.
2. On a parchment lined baking sheet, use a small cookie scoop and make 1" balls with the peanut butter mixture. (Place the balls close together on the sheet.) Place the balls in the freezer for 1 hour.
3. On a very low heat, slowly melt the chocolate chips and 4 T. butter in medium saucepan until melted completely. (If you melt the chocolate to quickly, it will seize up and be difficult to dip in.)
4. Take the peanut butter balls out of the freezer and roll each one in your hand to smooth out the edges. With a toothpick, spear a peanut butter ball and dip it into the melted chocolate, making sure to leave a space un-dipped at the the top. Place back on the parchment lined sheet and use your finger to push the ball off the toothpick. Refrigerate until the chocolate is set. Then cover the sheet with plastic or store in a covered container in refrigerator.
Makes over 5 dozen candies.
Download pdf recipe for: Buckeye Candy