In this episode, Cindy fills the puffs with ice cream and makes a delicious chocolate sauce to drizzle on top!
- Recipe for Finishing Profiteroles -
● vanilla & coffee ice cream
● 3/4 cup half & half
● 1 T. butter
● 1-1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
● 1/4 t. vanilla
1. Make the chocolate sauce by placing the half & half and butter into a large microwave -safe measuring cup or bowl. Heat for 1-1/2 minutes, until the cream is hot. Add the chocolate and vanilla, but don't stir. Let the mixture sit for about 2 minutes, then take a small whisk and begin mixing. (Note: The sauce can be made in advance and kept in the refrigerator. To reheat, microwave for 1-2 minutes, until sauce is warm and pourable.)
2. When you're ready to fill the profiteroles, cut each puff in half with a serrated knife. Fill the bottom halves with a small scoop of ice cream and cover with the tops. Place 2 to 3 profiteroles on each dessert plate and drizzle with warm chocolate sauce.
Note: The filled Profiteroles can be stored in the freezer for a few weeks.
Download pdf recipe for: Profiteroles