Cindy makes the lemon souffle that fills the crepes made in the last episode.
- Recipe -
● 4 T. butter
● 2/3 cup sugar
● pinch of salt
● 3 T. cornstarch mixed with 1-1/2 cups cold water
● 3 lemons, juiced and zested
● 5 eggs, separated
● extra sugar
1. Preheat oven to 400 ̊F. In a saucepan, melt the 4 T. butter. Add the sugar, salt, cornstarch mixture and the juice and zest of the lemons. Stir and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Stir constantly until mixture thickens. Remove pan from heat and whisk in the egg yolks. Put pan back on low heat and cook for 2 minutes. Transfer mixture to bowl and let cool.
2. Beat the egg whites until stiff. Fold in the cooled lemon mixture.
3. Butter the bottom of a large casserole dish. Place 2-3 large spoonfuls of the souffle down the center of a crepe. Fold each side of the crepe over the top. Place in the casserole dish. Fill the rest of the crepes. Before placing in the oven, sprinkle a bit of sugar over the tops of the filled crepes. Bake for 15 minutes, until puffed a lightly browned. Serve immediately.
Note: If you have any left-over souffle mixture, you can spoon it into small, buttered ramekins. Sprinkle the tops with sugar and bake as directed above.
Download pdf recipe for: Crepes Filled with Lemon Souffle