This dessert is a cross between ice cream and mousse. It's cold, it's creamy, and it's full of almond flavor!
- Recipe -
● 1-1/4 cups heavy cream
● 3 T. sugar
● 1 T. Amaretto
● 1/2 cup amaretti or macaroon cookies, crushed
● 1 egg white
● 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
● 6 maraschino cherry halves
1. Line 6 muffin cups with paper cupcake liners.
2. Beat heavy cream, sugar and Amaretto in a bowl until stiff peaks. Fold in crushed cookies.
3. In another bowl, beat egg white until stiff peaks form. Carefully fold the egg white into the cream mixture.
4. Using an ice cream scoop, scoop the mixture into the prepared muffin liners. Top with almonds and a cherry half. Place in the freezer. Freeze about 2-3 hours, or until firm.
Download pdf recipe for: Italian Biscuit Tortoni