A rich chocolate ice cream (made with just 2% milk) combined with bits of brownie makes this ice cream a must for any chocolate lover!
- Recipe -
● Brownies (already baked) and cut into bits
● 1 oz. unsweetened chocolate
● 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate
● 1/2 cup heavy cream
● 5 egg yolks
● 1/2 cup + 2 T. sugar
● 2 cups 2% milk
1. Bring 2% milk to a boil over medium heat, in medium saucepan. (This takes 12-13 minutes.)
2. Place both chocolates and heavy cream in small saucepan and heat over medium heat until chocolate is melted. Set aside.
3. Beat yolks and sugar in mixer for 2 minutes.
4. Drizzle hot milk into eggs yolks, a tablespoon at a time, whisking constantly. Once milk is in the eggs, pour the entire mixture back into the saucepan. Stir constantly until an instant-read thermometer reaches 170 ̊F. Remove from heat and quickly stir in the chocolate mixture. Pour mixture through a strainer that is sitting in a large measuring cup or bowl.
4. Allow mixture to cool to lukewarm (about 30 minutes) then cover and place in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours, until completely chilled.
5. Freeze ice cream in ice cream maker for about 20 minutes. Then take the brownie bits and add them to the ice cream, letting them churn for just a few seconds. Remove from machine and spoon ice cream into a freezer-safe container. Harden-off in the freezer for at least 1 hour, so that the ice cream can be scooped.
Download pdf recipe for: Chocolate Brownie Ice Cream