A rich and delicious coconut ice cream (made with 2% milk) topped with a warm chocolate ganache sauce...Yummy!
- Recipe -
Coconut Ice Cream
● 5 egg yolks
● 1/2 cup + 2 T. sugar
● 2-1/4 cup 2% milk
● 1 (14-15 ounce) can cream of coconut (I use "Coco Lopez")
● 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
Chocolate Ganache Sauce:
● 1/4 cup heavy cream
● 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
● 1 T. light corn syrup
For the Coconut Ice Cream:
1. Whip the egg yolks and sugar together in mixer for 2 minutes.
2. Bring milk to a boil over medium heat. (This takes about 6-7 minutes.)
3. Drizzle the hot milk into the eggs while the mixer is running.
4. Pour the egg/milk mixture back into the pan and put over medium-low heat and stir with a wooden spoon until the mixture reaches 170˚F. Immediately pour through a strainer into a bowl or large container. Chill mixture in refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
5. Remove ice cream base from refrigerator and add coconut and cream of coconut. Use a whisk to mix together.
6. Freeze ice cream in ice cream maker. When it gets to soft-serve consistency, transfer to freezer-safe container and harden-off in freezer. (45 minutes or more)
For Chocolate Ganache Sauce:
1. Add heavy cream, chocolate & corn syrup into small saucepan. Stir over medium heat until sauce is silky smooth.
Download pdf recipe for: Coconut Ice cream with Chocolate Ganache