This is the most incredible chocolate ice cream EVER! You'll never go back to regular chocolate....
- Recipe -
● 2 cups 2% milk
● 1 oz. unsweetened chocolate
● 1/2 cup Mexican chocolate, chopped into small pieces
● 1/2 cup heavy cream
● 5 egg yolks
● 1/2 cup + 2 T. sugar
● pinch of salt
● 1 t. vanilla
● 1 t. cinnamon
● 1/8 t. cayenne pepper
1. In a medium saucepan bring the milk to a boil over medium heat. (This takes 12-13 minutes.)
2. Place both chocolates and heavy cream in small microwave-safe bowl and microwave on 30 second burst until the chocolate is melted. Add a pinch of salt, vanilla, cinnamon and cayenne pepper. Set aside.
3. Beat egg yolks and sugar in mixer for 2 minutes.
4. Drizzle hot milk into eggs yolks, a tablespoon at a time, mixing constantly. Once milk is in the eggs, pour the entire mixture back into the saucepan. Stir until an instant-read thermometer reaches 170 ̊F. Remove from heat and quickly stir in the chocolate mixture. Pour mixture through a strainer that is sitting in a large measuring cup or bowl. Use a spatula to push the mixture through the strainer.
5. Allow mixture to cool to lukewarm (about 30 minutes) then cover and place in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours, until completely chilled.
6. Freeze ice cream in ice cream maker for about 20 minutes. Remove from machine and spoon ice cream into a freezer-safe container. Harden-off in the freezer for at least 1 hour, so that the ice cream can be scooped.
Download pdf recipe for: Mexican Chocolate Ice Cream