What happens when you take chocolate chip cookie dough and add it to vanilla ice cream? A taste sensation!
- Recipe -
● 2 cups 2% milk
● 5 egg yolks
● 1/2 cup + 2 T. sugar
● 2 t. vanilla
● 1/4 cup heavy cream
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough:
● 4 T. butter
● 2 T. sugar
● 2 T. brown sugar
● 1 T. water
● 1/2 t. vanilla
● 1/2 cup + 1 T. flour
● 1/4 t. salt
● 1/4 t. baking soda
● 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
● 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1. Put milk in saucepan. Bring to boil over medium heat. (This takes about 12-13 minutes.)
2. While the milk is heating, whip yolks & sugar in mixer for 2 minutes. Dribble hot milk into eggs, a few tablespoons at a time, keeping the mixer going constantly.
3. Pour the egg/milk mixture back into the pan and put over medium-low heat. Stir with a wooden spoon or heat resistant spatula until the mixture reaches 170 ̊F. Immediately pour through a strainer into a bowl or large container.
4. Allow to cool to luke warm (about 30 minutes) then cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until completely chilled, about 2 hours.
5. While base is cooling, make the cookie dough by placing the butter and sugars into mixing bowl and beating until light and fluffy. Add water and vanilla.
6. In a small bowl, mix together the flour, salt, baking soda, chocolate chips and walnuts. Add to the mixing bowl and turn on a low speed, mixing until the ingredients are just combined.
7. On a parchment lined baking sheet, place bits of the cookie dough and place in freezer until frozen.
8. When you're ready to freeze the ice cream, stir heavy cream & vanilla in and freeze in an ice cream maker. (This takes about 20 minutes.) After 20 minutes, drop in the bits of frozen cookie dough. Process for no more than 1 minute.
9. Spoon the ice cream into a freezer container and harden-off for at least 1-2 hours.
Download pdf recipe for: Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream