A delicious hazelnut ice cream layered with smooth Nutella chocolate!
- Recipe -
● 2 cups 2% milk
● 5 egg yolks
● 1/2 cup + 2 T. sugar
● 1/4 cup heavy cream
● 1/4 cup Frangelico liqueur or 2 t. vanilla
● Nutella Chocolate Hazelnut Spread
1. Put milk in saucepan. Bring to boil over medium heat. (This takes about 12-13 minutes.)
2. While the milk is heating, whip yolks & sugar in mixer for 2 minutes. Dribble hot milk into eggs, a few tablespoons at a time, keeping the mixer going constantly.
3. Once milk is in the eggs, turn heat down to medium-low and pour mixture back into the saucepan and cook, stirring constantly, until an instant read thermometer reaches 170 degrees ̊F.
4. Remove from heat and pour through a strainer. Allow to cool to luke warm (about 30 minutes) then cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until completely chilled, about 2-3 hours.
5. When you're ready to freeze the ice cream, stir heavy cream & Frangelico into custard and freeze in an ice cream maker. (This takes about 20 minutes.) Remove ice cream from bowl and place a few spoonfuls a in freezer container. Then add some of the Nutella. Repeat with more ice cream, more Nutella and one last layer of ice cream. Put in freezer to harden-off for at least 1 -2 hours.
Download pdf recipe for: Hazelnut Chocolate Swirl Ice Cream