This hearty soup is great to serve on a cold day!
- Recipe -
● 1-2 T. olive oil
● 2 onions, chopped
● 2 cloves garlic, minced
● 6 cups beef broth
● 1 lb. Italian sausage
● 1-1/2 cups dry red wine
● 28 oz. canned diced tomatoes
● 12 basil leaves, chopped
● 1 T. sugar
● 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
● 2 zucchini, sliced 1/4-inch thick
● 2 cups dry bow tie pasta
● salt and pepper
1. In a medium soup pot, over medium-high heat, add the olive oil. Cook the onions and garlic, stirring occasionally for about 10 minutes, until nicely browned.
2. Deglaze the pan by adding a 2-3 tablespoons of the beef broth. Stir well, until the broth evaporates and all the browned bits have dissolved.
3. Add the sausage, breaking it up with a wooden spoon. Continue cooking until the sausage is browned.
4. Add the rest of the beef broth, wine, tomatoes, green pepper, zucchini, basil, sugar and pasta. Cover and bring to boil over high heat. Stir, turn the heat down to medium, put the lid back on and simmer until pasta is tender, about 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Download pdf recipe for: Sausage and Bow Tie Pasta Soup