Smooth & delicious, this soup combines the rich taste of butternut squash with the sweetness of pear!
- Recipe -
● 1 T. butter
● 1 T. olive oil
● 1 Butternut Squash (about 8 cups), peeled, seeded & cut into pieces
● 1 ripe pear, peeled & cut into pieces
● 1 onion, thinly sliced
● 4 cups chicken stock
● Salt and pepper to taste
1. Prepare squash, pear & onion. Set aside
2. In medium soup pot, add butter & olive oil. Heat over medium-high heat. Add onions and saute for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Add chicken stock to pot and bring to boil. Add squash & pear, then season with salt & pepper. Put lid on and bring back to boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 30-40 minutes, until squash is very tender.
4. Turn heat off and use immersion blender and puree soup until smooth. Taste for salt & pepper and add, if needed.
Download pdf recipe for: Butternut Squash & Pear Soup