This soup is easy to make and it really sticks to your ribs!
- Recipe -
● 4 carrots, diced small
● 4 celery ribs, diced small
● 1 small onion, diced small
● 1 bay leaf
● 1/4 t. ground thyme
● 2 c. dried split peas
● 8 cups water
● ham, shredded, (optional)
1. In soup pot, over medium-high heat, add 1-2 T. olive oil. Then stir in carrots, celery, and onion. Add bay, thyme, split peas and water.
2. Turn heat to high and bring to boil. Put on lid and reduce heat to low. Cook for a total of 1-1/2 hours, but make sure to stir every 1/2 hour, or so.
3. If you're going to add ham, place in pot at the end of cooking time and let warm in the soup for 5 minutes or so.
Download pdf recipe for: Split Pea Soup