This super healthy and super delicious soup has the feel of a cream soup, but by using an immersion blender and pureeing it in the pot...no cream added! Just amazing artichoke flavor (and a little bit of white wine!)
- 2 T. olive oil
- 2 shallots, minced
- pinch of salt
- 2 (9-12 oz) pkgs. frozen artichoke hearts, rinsed under cold water
- 1 cup white wine (Chardonnay or Sauvignon Blanc)
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 T. butter
- shaved Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
1. In medium size soup pot over medium-high heat, saute the olive oil, shallots and pinch of salt. Cook until the shallots start to turn golden, about 5 minutes.
2. Add the artichoke hearts and continue cooking for another 5 minutes.
3. Add the wine and broth. Turn the heat up to high and bring the soup to a bowl: then reduce heat to low, put a lid on the pot and let simmer for 20 minutes.
4. Use an immersion blender and puree the soup in the pot. (You can also put the soup in a food processor or blender.)
5. Taste the soup and add salt and pepper to taste. Ladle into bowls and serve with Parmesan cheese on top.
Download pdf recipe for: Artichoke Soup