This soup is easy to put together and is loaded with authentic ingredients & flavor!
- Recipe -
● 3 T. olive oil
● 1 lbs. chicken breast tenders
● 1 small onion, diced
● 2 cloves garlic, minced
● 1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeded & minced
● 1 T. fresh oregano, chopped (or 1 t. dried oregano)
● 6 cups of chicken broth
● 1 (16 oz.) can of diced tomatoes, drained
● 1 4 oz. can diced mild green chiles
● 1-1/2 cup fresh or frozen corn
● 1/3 cup cilantro, chopped (plus a bit more for garnish)
● salt & pepper to taste
● Juice of 1 lime
● corn tortilla chips
● shredded Jack or Cheddar Cheese
1.In a soup pot, brown chicken in 2 T. olive oil, over medium high heat. Remove chicken from pan and cut into smaller pieces. Set aside.
2. Add 1 T. olive oil to pan and saute onion, garlic, and jalapeno pepper over medium-high heat until lightly browned.
3. Add oregano, chicken stock, tomatoes, diced chiles, corn, chicken, cilantro, salt & pepper. Bring to boil, lower heat to low and simmer for 20-30 minutes. Add lime juice right before serving.
Ladle a serving of the soup into a bowl. Top with tortilla strips, cheese, & cilantro.
Download pdf recipe for: Tortilla Soup