This is a simple, but delicious vegetable soup and it's made even better by adding some ravioli!
- Recipe -
● 2 T. olive oil
● 1 onion, finely chopped
● 1 clove garlic, minced
● 1 red bell peppper, chopped
● 2 cups grated carrots, chopped into smaller pieces
● 2 cups sliced mushrooms
● 1 cup fresh or frozen peas
● salt and pepper
● 8 cups chicken broth
● 8 oz. dried mini ravioli (or 9 oz. fresh ravioli)
● 2 T. chopped fresh oregano leaves
● 2 T. chopped fresh parsley
1. Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a medium soup pot. Add onion, garlic, bell pepper and carrots. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 6 minutes. Add the mushrooms and season vegetables with salt and pepper. Continue cooking for 6 more minutes, making sure to stir frequently.
2. Add the chicken broth to pot, turn the heat to high, and bring to a boil. Add the ravioli and bring the broth back to a boil, cook the ravioli as long as the package says. (It could be 9-16 minutes.) During the last 3 minutes of cooking, add the peas and the chopped herbs. Continue to cook until your timer goes off.
3. Taste the broth of the soup and season to taste with salt and pepper. Ladle the soup into bowls and serve.
Download pdf recipe for: Simple Vegetable Soup with Ravioli