Share this episode!Tweet
This is a really refreshing cold soup that's meant to be served as a starter or for lunch with a salad. Not too sweet and loaded with fresh strawberry taste!
- Recipe -
● 2 cups strawberries, sliced
● 6 T. sugar
● 1 cup water
● 2 t. cornstarch mixed in 1 T. cold water
● 1 cup fresh orange juice (2-3 oranges)
● 2 T. lemon juice
1. Combine strawberries, sugar and water in medium saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
2. Once berries begin to bubble, stir in the cornstarch and water mixture. Let cook for 1 minute, then remove from heat. Add orange juice and lemon juice, stirring to combine.
3. Using a measuring cup, transfer mixture to a blender or food processor. Blend until mixture is smooth.
4. Over a large bowl or 8 cup measuring cup, put soup through a strainer to catch any seeds or pulp. Let the soup sit out for about 30 minutes, then cover and chill for at least 2 hours.
Serve with a garnish of mint or a skewered strawberry.
Download pdf recipe for: Cold Strawberry Soup