This soup has simple ingredients, but tastes like it came from a 5-star restaurant!
- Recipe -
● 2T. oliveoil
● 2 T. butter
● 2 cups green onions, thinly sliced (about 2 bunches)
● 3 T. flour
● 5 cups chicken or vegetable broth
● 3/4 lb. mixed mushrooms, (Shitake, Crimini, Chanterelles, Portabella, Button, or Morels)
● 1 cup heavy cream
● 1/4 cup dry sherry
● salt & pepper to taste
1. In large saucepan or medium stock pot, heat the olive oil and butter over medium heat. Add the green onions, place the heat on medium-low and let cook for 20 minutes. Stir every now and then and adjust the heat as needed.
2. While the onions cook, set aside a few mushrooms to thinly slice for when it's time to serve the soup and finely chop the rest.
3. When the scallions have cooked 20 minutes, stir in the flour and cook for about 1 minute. Add the stock, raise the temperature to high and bring to a boil. Then stir in the chopped mushrooms.
4. Reduce the heat to low, and cook with the lid ajar, for about 10 minutes. Use an emersion blender and puree the soup, in the pot. Then add the cream and sherry and taste for salt & pepper.
5. Thinly slice the the mushrooms that were set aside. When you're ready to serve, place some of the sliced mushrooms on the bottom of the soup bowl and ladle some hot soup on top of them.
Download pdf recipe for: Mushroom Bisque Soup