A rustic potato soup that has incredible flavor and is topped just like a baked potato!
- Recipe -
● 4 large russet potatoes
● 1 onion
● 4 cups chicken or vegetable stock
● 4-5 sprigs of thyme
● salt and pepper
● 1 cup heavy cream
● Cheddar Cheese, grated
● Sliced green onions
● Crumbled bacon
1. Cook 1 of the potatoes in the microwave for 5 minutes. (Make sure to use a knife or fork and poke a hole in the potato to let the steam come out while it cooks.) When cooled, dice the potato into medium-size cubes. Set aside.
2. Using a food processor (the grate attachment) or a box grater, grate the 3 remaining potatoes and the onion. Place in a medium stock pot.
3. Add the broth, thyme and salt & pepper. Stir well and place on stove. Cover with lid, place on high heat and bring to a boil. Once soup is boiling, reduce heat to low, keep covered, and cook for 1-1/2 hours. (Make sure to stir the soup half-way through the cooking time.)
4. Add cream and diced baked potato. Taste again for salt & pepper. Serve with cheese, green onion and bacon on top.
Download pdf recipe for: Potato Soup